Re: DSM: objective source of evidence

Dana Matthew Bennis (
Thu, 05 Apr 2001 22:26:35 -0400

A while back I happened upon one study and article while searching through
the University of Michigan library system for "democratic schools" or some
other search string. I looked for it again and found it and photocopied it
- the article is by Gray and Chanoff, and is entitled "Democratic
Schooling: What Happens to Young People Who Have Charge of Their Own
Education?" It was published in the American Journal of Education in
February 1986, and is specifically about Sudbury graduates. I am sure that
others on this list know more about this and other studies by the authors.