Re: DSM: about Sudbury model

John Axtell (newlife@theofficenet.com)
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 18:25:03 -0800

Cindy,

I decided to force after I got the test results. How else could a 17 year old
manage to be at the 3.2 grade level, except in vocabulary. He had a great deal
of freedom and never had any interest in anything but good healthy play which
we allowed him to do fully, except he did have to do his chores.

The bottom line is I simply do not think most normal healthy boys will come in
out of the sand pile, was playing in it this weekend with his 15 year old best
friend, and he loves playing with 5 year olds in it. We think this is wonderful
but he is soon going to have to earn a living.

John