Re: DSM: about Sudbury model

CindyK (cindyk@unitz.on.ca)
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 18:54:24 -0500

> Alan,
>
> Well my 17 year old son managed to average 3.2 grade level on a test he
took
> two years ago. I have been homeschooling for 25 years and have seen a lot.
> have seen few students that will just dive into the art of reading without
> being forced, or math, or science.
>
> John

Hi John,

At what age did you start to force? Maybe they didn't have enough time to
develop the interest before you decided it was time to force? Once you
start to force, you have to continue to force unless you give up that idea
all together. It seems to be a part of human nature to resist pressure.
Chidren can feel that trust. Either they are in charge of their education
or someone else is. If someone else is, they will resist that pressure.

Just a thought.

CindyK