Re: DSM: about Sudbury model

John Axtell (newlife@theofficenet.com)
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 18:10:51 -0800

May I ask why anyone who is attending a SVM school such as Marko's should have to
conform to any norms? I thought the whole idea of a SV model is that children
have the freedom to be themselves, how can a child be themselves when constrained
by cultural norms. A democratic model is just a way to have a dictatorship of the
majority if cultural norms are instituted.

John