DSM: RE: Hi everyone!

Joe Jackson (shoeless@jazztbone.com)
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 07:50:54 -0500

Pooja,

Just to let you know, there is a network of Sudbury Model Schools across the
nation, in Europe and the Middle East. Most are not as large or have not
been around as long as our beloved "mother ship", Sudbury Valley School in
Framingham, Mass.

As a matter of fact, there are a couple of Sudbury Model schools/startup
groups in your area. Liberty Valley School in Joliet has been around for a
number of years. Recently, many of the folks who were attending Liberty
Valley that were commuting long distances decided to create a new school
about an hour away, which will be called The Chicago Sudbury School.

While it is my understanding that The Chicago Sudbury School has reopened in
their new location in Chicago, Liberty Valley intends to reopen in the fall
and is currently looking for founders as well as new students to participate
in the reopening.

The Chicago Sudbury School:
P. O. Box 577737
Chicago, IL 60657-7737
773-348-4575
mailto:jjmp@voyager.net

Liberty Valley School:
P.O. Box 4185
Joliet, IL
60434-4185
815-730-0030
http://www.libertyvalley.org
mailto:mbradford@mediaone.net

I wanted to bring you this information not to suggest or prevent you from
contacting Sudbury Valley School, but just to let you know there is
substantial Sudbury activity very near you right now.

The best of luck,

Joe Jackson
Fairhaven School
Upper Marlboro, Maryland