Re: DSM: RE: JC and SM

John Axtell (newlife@theofficenet.com)
Mon, 05 Mar 2001 09:47:20 -0800

Marko,

Joe states that the JC focuses on the "results of the problem".
In my mind this should result in as much success as our governments "war on
drugs" where they focus onto he result of the problem and keep putting the
results of the problem in jail. It will never end and I do not think the JC -
embodiment of community limits on individual rights- will do any better.

I disagree with Joe in his opinion of individual "counseling", "conflict
resolution" or whatever you want to call it. I believe that the failure to
address an individual's ability, or lack thereof, to effectively achieve the
results they are after is the key problem in our public schools, and many
private schools.

John Axtell