DSM: Discussion

Kristin Harkness (kristin@harkness.net)
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 10:39:23 -0500

I firmly agree with Bruce on this. We are not a Sudbury model
correspondence school, we are a discussion group! The idea is to ask
questions and get passionate (and, in all likelihood, differing) responses.
At least, that is what I am looking for. As long as we discuss what people
have posted, and not our opinion of the people themselves, I think we are on
track.

>From the Concise Oxford Dictionary:

Discussion: "examine by argument, debate"
Argument: "reason advanced (for, against, proposition or course of action);
debate, esp. heated one"
Debate: "dispute about, discuss, (a question)"

I guess I do not understand what this list would do, if we did not 'attack
and defend' ideas.

Kristin Harkness