RE: DSM: Re: Subtle Coercion?

Melissa Tyson (mvtyson@hotmail.com)
Mon, 08 Jan 2001 19:03:08 -0000

But that's why I don't agree with you. If I value reading for some reason
she has been unable to think of and if I fail to express this to her I am
lax and dishonest in that I have withheld a heartfelt opinion from my
friend. If I try to force her to read that's another thing, but giving her
my honest assessment, that I think she's missing out and might like to give
it a try is not what I consider a violation of her will, student or
otherwise. She doesn't have to read just because I said so. Her freedom
lies in being able to turn it down. This was the orginal point.