Re: DSM:

Avenfeliz1@aol.com
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 11:56:20 EST

In a message dated 12/6/00 9:13:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
TheDrag0nTamer@aol.com writes:

<< We have only white kids at our school, but I think if we got a more
racially
 diverse community, there would be no racial slurs and such. That's what's
 great about Sudbury schools. Although there is the occasional disrespectful
 comment or whatever, the overall atmosphere is one of respect for everyone...

That's good to hear. I'm not necessarily refering to slurs, however. Those
are quite obvious and exposed. What I refer to is that things aren't done
the "white" way by Hispanic or other people of color. They come from a
totally different place. We think and do things differently. If a child has
difficulty fitting into a Sudbury school because of this, does the staff know
what they're seeing, or does J.C. handle everything?
Kathleen