Re: DSM: Educational Reform

Thu, 21 May 1998 22:36:28 -0700

J.P. Roach wrote:

> Joe Roach here, from The New School in Newark, DE
>
> I don't understand all the public school bashing either. My take has always
> been democratic schools v. traditional schools -- including both public and
> private schools. <snip>

Joe, do you think any grtf school will be able to ignore all the "Goals
2000" http://www.mcrel.org/standards-benchmarks/index.html malarkey that
is going on in every state right now? Do any of you know of any Sudbury
Model grtf school now? Got a URL so I can surf to it?

In fact I cannot even imagine a curriculumless grtf school even before
what we call The Essential Learnings http://www.csl.wednet.edu here in
the State of Washington and are known by other names in all other
states.

I sure agree with you Joe about the lack of enough choice in private
schools. That is why I am supporting http://www.sepschool.org in our
efforts to open up education to the free market. So everyone can buy
whatever education they want.

Now that is what I call real dů People voting with their bill folds
and purses instead of forcing one failing obsolete factory system down
almost everyone's throats. Dale

--
$  dale-reed@worldnet.att.net   Seattle, Washington U.S.A.  $