DSM: Re: discuss-sudbury-model Re: Educational Reform

Martha Fay (fay@tlc.harvard.edu)
Wed, 20 May 1998 13:35:37 -0400 (EDT)

I agree with Joe's perspective that the model isn't (simply) about
freedom. When I try to explain it, I call it a democratic model. To me,
the "democratic" characterization gets the freedom-within-a-community
or freedom-with-responsibility aspect of it.

Martha