Re: discuss-sudbury-model Re: Educational Reform

Robin Martin (roses9@IDT.NET)
Wed, 20 May 1998 11:17:55 -0500

Joe,

I enjoyed reading your response--especially got a good laugh out your
descriptions of how SVS-model schools don't fit any particular life-style
charactertics!

However, when I posed those questions, I guess I wasn't thinking of SVS as
a stand-alone movement in education, but as part of a larger movement which
includes many other independent democratic & free schools world-wide, as
well as unschooling and other movements within alternative education toward
giving learners greater power & responsibility.

Hmmm...that leads me to ponder another issue, but I think I'll hold my
tongue for now, and see what others have to say first...

Cheers,
Robin