RE: discuss-sudbury-model Any SVS parents with email want to correspond?

David Warren (warren@hi.com)
Fri, 15 May 1998 10:03:30 -0400

On Friday, May 15, 1998 9:19 AM, Martha Fay [SMTP:fay@tlc.harvard.edu] wrote:
> I think that parents talking to one another about what it's like to
> parent a child at a Sudbury type school is on topic for this list. Most
> parents probably go through a lot of soul searching at first. Plus we all
> need support to figure out what to say to the grandparents when they ask
> "No tests?? How are they going to know whether he did the work????"

>From the first time when I found out about SVS, I have been very excited
about it. It really captured my interest and as I read more about it my
interest grew. This happened over the course of several years.

Nevertheless, I must confess that this is a hard school for me to send my child to.
I'm not sure that I completely understand all the reasons for this. However, one
reason is that although I can imagine myself going to this school, I didn't. I went to
a public school and these experiences aren't really matching those of my child's.
This may not seem important but for me it can make me feel less connected.
So I *really* have to be aware of not badgering him for information.

> mef
>
> On Wed, 13 May 1998, David Warren wrote:
>
> > This is really not exactly a discuss-sudbury-model topic but I hope that the
> > list members will excuse this one transgression.

Well, what I am trying to do is to electronicly meet parents...

--
Obligatory .signatory... "My opinions do not reflect thos of my employer."
David Warren  (warren@hi.com.NOSPAM) phone: 617/890-0444, fax: 617/890-4998