Fwd: relationship of technology to freedom...

Coby Smolens (cobys@webtv.net)
Sun, 19 Oct 1997 13:06:51 -0700

--WebTV-Mail-377539779-1646

Robin writes "... take time away from experiential learning".

Hmmm. Seems to depend on an individual's definition of what
"experiential learning" consists of. Doesn't that include anything one
can experience? Where does the line get drawn, and by whom?

Seems to me that EVERYTHING in a persons universe is "experiential", to
the extent that they experience it, regardless. Are we trying to make
ajudgement about whether some experiences are more valuable than others
for a given person?

One of the basic elements in the "educational" life I'm interested in
realizing is that of "equal value of all pursuits" from the point of
view of the school -- that is, anything you think of as information
valuable to your own growth IS, iexactly ot the extent you feel it to
be.

Coby, MSS

--WebTV-Mail-377539779-1646