Re: the right to pursue excellence (Seduction)

Coby Smolens (cobys@webtv.net)
Tue, 13 May 1997 01:30:58 -0700

--WebTV-Mail-1402974071-293

Amen to the very last line of (Charlie's) body text below... ...Yet if I
were doing the legislating it bloody well =1B_would_ be a crime to go
all sweet and smarmy and seductive in order to convince children that
the natural drives which guide them toward fulfillment are less valuable
than the times-tables by this or that age... Furthermore, I wonder how
much of this kind of activity is doomed to failure. Seems to me it has
been rather successful -- hence the great, flowing, immutable mass of
Perl's river.

Coby Smolens
Marin Sudbury School

(apologies for the extraneous matter below -- WebTV has no provision for
cut-and-paste of sent mail)

--WebTV-Mail-1402974071-293