Re: the right to pursue excellence (Off-topic rant)

stiobhard (stiobhard@rocketmail.com)
Wed, 7 May 1997 17:38:11 -0700 (PDT)

---Charlie Wilkinson <cwilkins@boink.clark.net> wrote:

> Just in case it wasn't obvious, "Citizens for Tax Justice" is a
> right-wing propaganda front - at least by my definition. Their
sense of
> priorities troubles me greatly.

this may well be true, however there are two sides to this issue.what
i have to point out is that opposition to taxes and big government
isnt just a corporate plot. the war resisters league have been
organising tax resistance for many years and are neither a right wing
nor a corporate front.

you may contact them at wrl@igc.apc.org for more info.

on the education front, you might also be interested in their
youthpeace program that i just received a mailing about.

similarly i have to say that anti-government oppostion is hardly the
mouthpiece of the corporations. there is a long libertarian tradition
in this country as well as internationally. enough so that im not so
easily convinced that governments are working for our best interests.

"whosoever lays a hand on me is a usurper and a tyrant. i declare them
to be my enemy. what is government? it is slavery."

--proudhon

stiobhard