Re: the right to pursue excellence

Charles (quester@eskimo.com)
Fri, 2 May 1997 14:32:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 2 May 1997, Deborah Bartle wrote:

> Charles wrote:
> > There are lots of good models for progressive public schooling.
>
> Lots??? Unfortunately, there are none in my community.

Ooops, sorry. I meant thought models, talk models, intellectual models.
Not necessarily brick and mortar models, yet.

> Kids love the Sudbury model! Let's do that! Let's make kids happy!
> Just playing... Don't you like the Sudbury model?

Yes, yes, yes! I would have loved to go to Sudbury. Wish I still could.

Now, back to the real world, where most parents live...

we had better provide some other models that parents won't regard as
giving the kids the keys to the car.

- Charles -