BOUNCE discuss-sudbury-model@world.std.com: Non-member submission from [Amy.Paris@oberlin.edu (amy)]

discuss-sudbury-model-approval@world.std.com ()
Thu, 1 May 1997 17:49:57 -0400 (EDT)

>From sdg@world.std.com Thu May 1 17:49:56 1997
Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 17:49:54 -0400 (EDT)
Date-warning: Date header was inserted by OBERLIN.EDU
From: Amy.Paris@oberlin.edu (amy)
Subject: Re: the right to choose how to pursue excellence
To: discuss-sudbury-model@facteur.std.com

I agree with Scott's layout of what would happen with such a voucher plan.
So after considering that, we are left with little grand action but to help
where we can little by little. The numbers of people interested in
homeschooling keeps rising and so do the number of "alternative" schools.
I think that while Scott seems to consider the worst possible outcome with
his yearly description, it is the worst which one must anticipate before
investing students' futures. It is a pity that society would act like
this, but just look back at history to see that it has and therefore would
again.

What do people think of the schools in England and France? If you were
living there do you think that you would be looking into other education
ideas?

-amy