Re: Sudbury as community

Charles (quester@eskimo.com)
Tue, 8 Apr 1997 23:53:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 7 Apr 1997, Dale R. Reed wrote:

> world. The Antarctic bases were military with a strict chain of command
> that we sandcrabs(civilian scientists) were expected to obey. Work is
> run by bosses. Unions are representative similar to our federal and
> state governments but without a Bill of Rights, some family decisions
> can be reached by consensus but generally some of the important
> decisions are left to the father and some to the mother until the
> children get old enough to start making some of their own decisions.
> And so on.

Yup, in the `real world' of work and school the big decisions are mostly
made by bosses. That is the way it has always been done.

Some people think there may be better ways. Some people want to explore
those ways. Young people who have not been thoroughly programmed into the
old ways may be the best explorers of new ones.

> one of the things that attracts me to the Greenberg's is they had a

Please don't use apostrophes to form plurals. Didn't they teach you that
at school?

- Charles -