Re: Teaching Responsibility

Dale R. Reed (
Fri, 13 Dec 1996 20:27:40 -0800 wrote:
> Dear Dale,
> What is the problem? People everywhere, in groups and singly, take courses,
> study subjects, do what they want. What we say is the school has no imposed
> curriculum. And it doesn't. Anything anyone wants to impose on him/herself
> to structure his/her own time is their business.

I think I have finally got the message!

Here is the way I will in the future (unless you all advise me
otherwise) express my
interpretation of the fundamental mission of the Sudbury Valley School

It is the intention of Sudbury Valley Schools to apply the
protections of the U.S. Constitution to their students.

What do you all think?

I am also interested in how those that do not live in the U.S.
would word a one sentence description of what the Sudbury Valley Schools
are all about.