Re: Teaching Responsibility

Fri, 13 Dec 1996 20:27:40 -0800

Msadofsky@aol.com wrote:

> Dear Dale,
>
> What is the problem? People everywhere, in groups and singly, take courses,
> study subjects, do what they want. What we say is the school has no imposed
> curriculum. And it doesn't. Anything anyone wants to impose on him/herself
> to structure his/her own time is their business.

I think I have finally got the message!

Here is the way I will in the future (unless you all advise me
otherwise) express my
interpretation of the fundamental mission of the Sudbury Valley School
model:

It is the intention of Sudbury Valley Schools to apply the
protections of the U.S. Constitution to their students.

What do you all think?

I am also interested in how those that do not live in the U.S.
would word a one sentence description of what the Sudbury Valley Schools
are all about.

Dale